Locations: Boston, Chicago, and Tampa
If you have an interest in digital engagement technologies, as well as the desire to grow with a dynamic company, make a major difference within a flourishing organization, have great advancement opportunities and thrive on working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, then this opportunity with Bridgeline Digital is for you. Bridgeline has an immediate opening for a Sr. Technical Architect.
Sr. Technical Architects are the devoted problem solvers responsible for the overall execution and organization of the development effort on large-scale technology engagements. The Sr. Technical Architect has the ultimate responsibility of making technologies work together and, as a result, is a key role that contributes heavily towards the success of the project. They transform the requirements into architecture and design documents used by the rest of the team to actually build the solution.
Sr. Technical Architects are also responsible for guiding development as well as obtaining buy-in and acceptance of the solution architecture. They understand and predict from afar how all the pieces will fit together and identify potential issues and risks early on to develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans. The successful candidate will have advanced communication and negotiation skills, as well as an innate ability to simplify complex technology concepts and to plan, prioritize and seamlessly integrate all moving parts to deploy successful solutions.
Bridgeline Digital, The Digital Engagement Company™, enables its customers to maximize the performance of their mission critical websites, intranets, and online stores. Bridgeline’s iAPPS® platform deeply integrates Web Content Management, eCommerce, eMarketing, Web Analytics and Social Media Management to help marketers deliver online experiences that attract, engage and convert their customers across all digital channels. Bridgeline provides end-to-end Digital Engagement solutions and boasts an award-winning team of interactive services professionals. Headquartered in Burlington, Mass., with nine additional locations throughout the U.S. and an Asia Pacific headquarters in Bangalore, India, Bridgeline has thousands of customers that range from middle market organizations to Fortune 1,000 companies.
- Hands on day to day development activities using the latest Microsoft technologies
- Participation in solution design, concept visualization and functional and technical requirements definition and documentation
- Responsible for defining and implementing data object models
- Responsible for design and development of business logic
- Responsible for design and development of data warehouse for web analytics.
- Responsible for deployment of applications to multi-server hosting environment
- Stay current on the latest technology trends, standards, and practices
- Experience developing and leading large-scale technology engagement in an agency environment.
- 4 or more years of experience in developing web applications based on the Microsoft technology stack, including .NET WCF technologies and the .NET MVC 2.0 or higher framework
- Experience architecting solutions using the Microsoft .NET framework, .NET project types also utilizing AJAX Technologies, XML and XSLT.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. .NET, Java and PHP, Perl, SQL, Flash/Flex, Ruby-on-Rails, etc.) and the ability to propose alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis based on these technologies.
- Experience in Web Content Management Systems, Web Commerce, Email Marketing and Web Analytics.
- Experience in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System / TFS 2008+ / IIS 7+
- An excellent understanding of best practices across technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.).
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Have worked in an agency environment (preferred but not required)
- You are outgoing and able ability to work and cooperate with many different people
- You have strong discipline and are able ability to work independently
- You have a strong work ethic
- You like to work ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- You have high energy and a positive, winning attitude
Bridgeline Digital Offers:
- Competitive base salary and benefits, paid vacation and holidays, 401K and more
- Dynamic, open-minded company with great opportunities for personal development
- Work with the newest development and digital engagement technologies
- An organization where suggestions are encouraged and your influence can be felt within the company and Bridgeline’s iAPPS® platform
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Inspiring, fast paced and flexible environment with a work hard / play hard culture